Developed in conjunction with Phoenix Transmission Products, the RR850 spec 4L80E is designed for the frequent 2-3, 3-2 shifts that are typical of 20-30 minute track day sessions, as well as extended 6500 rpm use and the typical abuse found at the drags. These are important distinctions relative to transmissions designed only for short 10 second bursts or simple street use. As a factor, endurance requires unique blueprinting and component selection to keep internals from hanging-up or failing at high revs. As it's a 4L80E, limited use of slicks have also been factored into the equation. It's the perfect driveline solution for your twin turbo pro-touring car or other high end hot rod. If you've been "driving over" clutches with your 3 pedal setup, or frying lesser automatics, the 4L80E-RR850 is the right transmission for you.
4l80E RR850 Features and Blueprint Details:
- 4L80E Case with semi polished, machine burnished finish which strengthens the case.
- 300M Billet Input Shaft to prevent twist or breakage.
- 300M Billet Input Clutch Hub with sintered bronze washers.
- Surfaced and Squared Direct Clutch Drum modified to accept 6 clutches and steels.
- Semi-Metallic Carbon Composite Clutches.
- Carbon Kevlar Composite Forward Clutches.
- Carbon Kevlar Composite Intermediate Clutches are with wide retention ring.
- Wide Style Intermediate Band with Carbon/Kevlar lining.
- Improved Design Low Reverse Band.
- Machined Reaction Carrier Brake Surface.
- Blueprinted Planetary Sets.
- 34-Element Borg Warner Intermediate Sprag.
- New Low Reverse and Overdrive Sprags.
- Torrington Needle Bearing Sets.
- New Shift Solenoids.
- New PWM Solenoid.
- New EPC Solenoid.
- New Manifold Pressure Switch.
- New Harness.
- New output speed sensor.
- Pump blueprinted and upgraded with improved design pressure regulator valve and sleeve for fluid pressure stabilization across rpm, stator bushing surface increased to support input shaft, pump cover re-bushed and oil relief channel enlarged.
- AFL bore is reamed and re-sleeved with high output Actuator Feed Limit valve and sleeve assembly.
- New HP Separator Plate.
- Billet Accumulator Pistons with custom springs.
- Custom Blueprinted Valve Body for increased shift performance and minimized shift overlap and increased applied pressure.
- Transmission custom blueprinted during assembly for high rpm performance use.
Please order by phone. A 50% deposit will be charged when your order is placed.